Day 8 - Reflection

Today's targets
I finished all of my targets today. Some took me a little longer, that's why I'm still up at 3AM :) But I have a working challenge UI and a system/framework to implement challenges.

Reflection
It's been a day full of trial and error. For everything I changed or added in the challenge UI I do a quick test run. Because if I change many things at once, it sometimes gets harder to find the root to the problem. 

There are so many new things I learn each day, by watching tutorials, reading documentation and API, but most of all by just trying. I've noticed that I created a nice workflow today and I was very concentrated. When I started this project I'd been out of the game for a little while, and I felt very rusty at the beginning. But now that I've been programming each day and gaining experience I function way better. It's like riding a bike!

Tomorrow's targets

  • Title screen / start menu
  • Tweak challenge implementation (UI)
  • Dialogue system
  • Implement models in scene
  • Fix drag and drop error (set it to max 1 item in drop area)


Other things I'd also like to do is to finish the dialogue text, record and implement audio, create interactions and puzzle elements for interactive objects. Also I want to design challenging puzzles to implement. But first I need to finish my game from start to end and fix any bugs, so I have a working prototype.

Comments