Day 7 - Reflection

Today's targets
Today I finished the challenge system and the implementation system. Both still need some more tweaking and I have to add transitions. 

Reflection
I've been working very hard today and accomplished a lot. I've finished my challenge system, which means I can now load in a challenge and play it, it also keeps a score and acts to the score. I do have to add some more functions to the implementation. I started with the indispensible functions and from there on I kept adding more functions and options and now it's almost complete. But I'm very glad I got something to work and that it's actually playable. 

I had a few moments where I was stuck on something, and I kept staring at my code and trying to search the web to fix. While all I needed was to take a step back, back to the roots of the problem and then find another approach. For example I've been stuck on the test run, because I had some values set up, I even knew how to compair them, but I didn't get it to work the way it needed to. In the end I realized I was overthinking it and figured a score system could also get me the same result. Another element that really got to me was the drag and drop system. After doing my research I thought I knew how to do it, but in the end I had to follow a youtube tutorial to get my code to work properly.

Tomorrow's targets
Tomorrow I want to do some more tweeking on the challenge implementation before I move to the targets that regard the dialogue/audio system.

Comments