Day 5 - Reflection

Today's targets
I didn't complete the challenge system, but I finished the design and did a lot of work on the system. I added two extra targets: the game flowchart, which helps me creating a code structure and the desktop UI, which is the first step of the implementation.

Reflection
Today I did quite a large amount of work. In the morning I wanted to start programming the challenge system. But when I looked back at my design I realized the overscope and knew I had to do something. So I ditched the idea of having multiple types of challenges and came up with a design which allows me to create more content along the way, but can still be kept small enough to finish in time. 

So this new approach gave me a fresh start. I made a flowchart for the game to help me get a clear vision on what exactly I needed to code. I started on the UI. For me it was the first time working with the new Unity UI, so I had a lot to discover. But I'm so glad for the new UI system, it makes creating UI so much easier and it's almost impossible to mess up your menu now! I've watched a few tutorials on the new system, to learn the basics and then I just started messing around and trying out things. It kept me busy for some time, but now when I have to implement the challenges I know what I have to do! 

Overall, I felt like I was in my element and I had so much fun programming, that I didn't even notice the time fly! Eventhough I didn't meet all my targets I feel confident about the new design approach (which in the end will save me so much time!) I still have to keep working very hard the upcoming days, but I won't give up! 

Tomorrow's targets
Tomorrow I'll try to finish the challenge system. Also I really want to start on the implementation as well. 

Comments