Day 2 - Reflection

Like I'd hoped I finished the pre-production stage today and made a start with the next stage.

Today's targets
I completed all targets on pre-production. I started by finalizing the class structure. Afterwards, I expanded the test scene by creating a desk and added a few more interactive objects. Then I fixed the camera set up and the audio set up. I also did some work for the next stage, production, which included character movement and the camera switch script.

Progress
I managed to finalize the pre-production pretty fast, only I found myself a little distracted by finding myself a text-to-speech narrator. I was working on the audio set up and thought it'd be nice to look up the possibilities, only to find myself listening to suitable voices for the next hour or two, instead of working on my set up. Luckily, I managed to pick it back up and finished the pre-production.

Once I was satisfied with the project set up, I moved on to the production stage tasks I had planned as extra work for today. I'm happy the programming has begun! I know that I must stay aware that I first work out the basic fundementals, before going into detail. I caught myself getting tempted to start coding thing that I should really safe for later. E.g. forework for implementation of audio files, tweeking character movement and writing the camera switch function (which also requires the interactive object behaviour!).

Tomorrow's targets
The tasks that are at the top of my list for tomorrow are the interactive object behaviour and the camera switch function. I'd also like to start working on the monitor script and GUI.


Comments