Day 1 - Progress

Each day I will document my progress per target.

Game Architecture
For this project I use a rather simple game architecture. The chart below shows the elements that will be incorporated in my game.

















Class structure
In my opinion it's important to create the class structure in an early development stage. Thinking ahead about what you're going to make, before you actually start programming, results in having a great overview and framework for your actual scripts. Also, to me personally, it's a helpful tool for my pitfall, which is perfectionism. I tend to go into detail too early in the process, but by setting up a base and expanding this base step by step, I make sure I have working fundementals, before worrying about the polishment. 




















The image above shows the class structure I set up for my game. This diagram presents the classes with their variables and functions. 



Create Unity project
For this assignment I created a new Unity 3D project.


Set up Unity project 
I set up my Unity project by making a folder structure. I might need to change or add folders further in the development progress, but it gives a great overview to have some folders to start with, rather than having a bunch of different files in one asset folder.

Also I created a test scene with some placeholders. I use 3D gameobjects for my set up, such as a plane for the floor, a capsule for the player and some objects made of cubes. I use (temporary) color materials to distinguish the object types.




Comments