Day 4 - Reflection

Targets
I added an extra target, because I had to fix my freezeMovement. Afterwards I completed the player/camera rotation based on mouse input. I started on the challenge design and came up with an approach on the challenge system. 

Reflection
Today I had a great start, I quickly fixed my code and scraped the unnecessary code repetition. Also changing my rotation script was done pretty easily. Next was the vertical rotation, this was something I had done in a previous project. For the up and down range for the vertical rotation I used Mathf.Clamp, this was something I had to look up in my old code in order to integrate it into my script. 

After finishing the character movement and rotation I moved on to the challenge system. I found that my concept was still really vague, which made it hard for me to decide on my approach. So I thought of looking at the problem step by step. First I decided that I wanted to keep it in the same scene. Then I decided I wanted to create seperate scripts for each challenge. And then I skipped the implementation of the challenge system (at least for now) to focus on the challenge design. 

When I was working on the design I got a very important call and learned that I got a job offer from the company I'd visited the day before. I didn't even have to think about it, YES! I'm extremely happy and excited! So I took a little break to celebrate the good news, before getting back to work on the design. 

At the end of the day I didn't get as far as I'd planned, but this amazing job totally makes up for it! Tomorrow I will put all my positive energy and determination into my work! 

Tomorrow's targets
Tomorrow I'll work on the challenge system and work out the challenge design. If I have any time left I'll start on the implementation of the challenges.

Comments