Day 3 - Progress

Today I've worked on the interactive object behaviour and camera switch funtion.

Interactive object behaviour
I've programmed the functions for the mouse activity, like OnMouseEnter, OnMouseExit and OnMouseDown. The interaction function gets called on OnMouseDown, so when the player clicks the interactive object. 

I want the interactive to have an outline on hover, so it communicates to the player that they have the option to interact. To do so I have to create a shader. I've been watching many tutorials on creating an outline or glow shader, but thus far I haven't been able to create the effect that I'd like. I will continue this tomorrow.

Camera switch function
The default camera is set to the character's main camera. But when the player interacts with the monitor, the camera switched to the monitor camera. For now, when the player clicks the screen again the camera will switch back to first person view. This will be changed later on, e.g. by pressing the escape button. 

Comments